-stevengerickson At yahoo Dot Com
Glynn County, Georgia: Kids for cash redux?
With 5% of the world population, the US today holds 25% of the world's prisoners population. Conditions of the criminal justice system in the US amount to the establishment of a gulag.
Judge Amanda Williams and Glynn County (Georgia) Courthouse
Los Angeles, November 13 - Notice of Formal Proceedings was filed on November 9, 2011, against Superior Court Judge Amanda F. Williams, Chief Judge of the Brunswick [Georgia] Judicial Circuit in the Georgia's Judicial Qualifications Commission. [1,2]
Most counts pertain to violations of the Human Rights of juveniles in drug courts.
- COUNT ONE
- ... you ordered defendant Dills into indefinite restrictive custody,without affording her the right to be heard.
- ... you issued a restrictive order that denied Dills the right to consult with her lawyer.
- ... you ordered Dills to be incarcerated indefinitely...
- ... However,on or about October 8, 2008, after Dills was taken into custody and transported to jail,you sua sponte modified her 28-day sentence to a period of confinement "indefinitely" in the Glynn County Jail and" until further order of the court...
- [The juvenile eventually attempted suicide - jz]
- COUNT TWO
- ...your practice of holding drug court participants indefinitely, without a hearing,and instituting a policy delaying their placement into treatment.
- ...sanctioned drug court participant Charlie McCullough for exercising his right to contest the results of a drugs creen.
- ... ordering Alisa Branch to be confined to a treatment facility on total restriction.
- COUNT THREE
- ...engaged in ex parte communications about substantive legal matters.
- COUNT FOUR
- ...your order requiring payment to your daughter, under penalty of contempt,
- COUNT FIVE
- ...publicly endorsed Jackie Johnson for the office of district attorney in April of 2009.
- COUNT SIX
- You asserted on multiple occasions that the "district attorney is the gatekeeper "for the drug court program,and you have denied any influence over the decision of the prosecute or to admit any one into the drug court program.
- COUNT SEVEN
- ...you failed to disqualify yourself in a case involving your bailiff's son...
- COUNT NINE
- ...or about 2010 group of juvenile probationers appeared in the Camden County Drug Court to observe drug court proceedings. ... One of the participants chuckled during court, at which time you began screaming at her and ordered your bailiff to remove the juvenile, who was crying, from the courtroom in handcuffs.
- Kids for Cash scandal in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania, where judges were convicted on racketeering charges, for falsely imprisoning thousands of juveniles after receiving millions in bribes from juvenile prison owners. Release of the victims is still in progress. 
- Rampart scandal in Los Angeles County, California, where judges falsely convicted, falsely sentenced thousands of victims, many of them juveniles. The victims, the Rampart FIPs (Falsely Imprisoned Persons), by and large have never been freed. 
Attempts to initiate investigation of the US criminal justice system have been recently blocked in the US Congress, after strong objections by judges. 
 Notice of Formal Proceedings against Presiding Judge Amanda Williams
 This Is Not a Post About Joe Paterno _ Gamso - For the Defense
 10-05-01 Kids for Cash Luzerne County Pennsylvania vs Los Angeles County California ABA Journal news and comments
10-05-03 Googling on Kids for Cash
11-02-18 Pennsylvania Judge Guilty Of Racketeering In Kickback Case (Kids for Cash Scandal)
 09-12-17-Rampart-FIPs (Falsely Imprisoned Persons) - Review
 10-06-10 ACLU: With 5 Precent of the Worlds Population US Holds 25 Percent of Prisoners-s
 10-06-04 ACLU Objects to Federal Bureau of Prisons "Communication Management Units"-s
 11-11-13 In re Imprisonment of Lt. Commander Walter Fitzpatrick, III, in Monroe County, Tennessee - “What goes on there is more like gulags of centuries ago.”
 11-10-20 Republicans Block Justice Review Proposal in Senate - David Rogers _ POLITICO
Joseph Zernik, PhD
Human Rights Alert (NGO)
The 2010 submission of Human Rights Alert to the Human Rights Council (HRC) of the United Nations was reviewed by the HRC professional staff and incorporated in the official HRC Professional Staff Report with a note referring to “corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California.”
Flag Counter: 126
Total Reads: 630,060
Total Item Views: 585,338
WHAT DID THE EXPERT SAY ABOUT THE CURRENT FINANCIAL CRISIS?
* Foreclosure fraud: The homeowner nightmares continue
CNN (April 7, 2011)
* About 3 million homes have been repossessed since the housing boom ended in 2006… That number could balloon to about 6 million by 2013
Bloomberg (January 2011)
* "...a system in which only the little people have to obey the law, while the rich, and bankers especially, can cheat and defraud without consequences."
Prof Paul Krugman, MIT (2011)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY, CALIFORNIA?
* "...judges tried and sentenced a staggering number of people for crimes they did not commit."
Prof David Burcham, Dean, Loyola Law School, LA (2001)
* "This is conduct associated with the most repressive dictators and police states... and judges must share responsibility when innocent people are convicted."
Prof Erwin Chemerinsky, Dean, Irvine Law School (2001)
* "Innocent people remain in prison"
* "...the LA Superior Court and the DA office, the two other parts of the justice system that the Blue Panel Report recommends must be investigated relative to the integrity of the system, have not produced any response that we know of..."
LAPD Blue Ribbon Review Panel Report (2006)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE JUSTICE SYSTEM IN CALIFORNIA?
* "...corruption of the courts and the legal profession and discrimination by law enforcement in California."
United Nations Human Rights Council Staff Report (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE STATE COURTS IN THE UNITED STATES?
* "On July 26, 2010, Laurence Tribe, Senior Counsel for the United States Department of Justice, Access to Justice Initiative, delivered an important speech to the Conference of Chief Justices, challenging them to halt the disintegration of our state justice systems before they become indistinguishable from courts of third world nations."
Prof Laurence Tribe, Harvard Law School (2010), per National Defender Leadership Institute (2010)
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE CONDITIONS IN THE PRISON IN MONROE COUNTY, TENESSEE?
* "What goes on there is more like gulags of centuries ago."
WHAT DID THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES?
* "More than 100 law professors have signed on to a letter released today that proposes congressional hearings and legislation aimed at fashioning "mandatory and enforceable" ethics rules for Supreme Court justices for the first time. The effort, coordinated by the liberal Alliance for Justice, was triggered by "recent media reports," the letter said, apparently referring to stories of meetings and other potential conflicts of interest involving Justices Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas among others."
More than 100 law professors, as reported by the Blog of the Legal Times (February 2011)
WHAT DID CHIEF JUDGE OF THE US COURT OF APPEALS, 5TH CIRCUIT, SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* "The American legal system has been corrupted almost beyond recognition..."
Chief Judge, US Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit, Edith Jones, speaking before the Federalist Society of Harvard Law School (February 2003)
WHAT DID THE CHAIR OF THE SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE SAY ABOUT THE US JUSTICE SYSTEM?
* In a speech in Georgetown University, Senator Leahy, Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee called for a "Truth and Reconciliation Commission" on the US Department of Justice.
Transcript of Senator Leahy speech (2009)